Is learning how to play the piano one of your goals for your New year’s resolutions? Playing an instrument is a life goal that many people aspire to achieve, but life gets busy, and that goal tends to fail. By 2021, turn those good intentions into actions. Here’s how to learn the piano for New Year’s Resolution:
How To Succeed With Your New Year’s Resolution
Playing the piano is one of the best instruments to learn. Not only is it beautiful, but it helps you be creative, relieves stress, and brings joy to your life. So, how do you succeed in your New Year’s resolution to play the piano?
1. Break It Down – It’s essential to break down your big goal into smaller goals. Why? Having a huge goal can be intimidating and can add a lot of pressure to you. Instead, make small goals to reach, like learning a specific song or planning on getting piano lessons.
2. Find A Good Teacher – Getting face to face lessons is one of the best ways to learn the piano quickly and efficiently. However, with instances like the year 2020 and COVID-19, it can be not easy to have face to face lessons. However, you can still book in-person classes that are safe and even get lessons online. Whatever you choose, it’s essential to have someone to report to. Having a good teacher will keep you accountable and on track to reach your goals.
3. Prioritize Learning Time– To achieve your piano playing goals, it’s essential to prioritize your lessons. Sure, life can get in the way once in a while, but refrain from making excuses as to why you can’t commit to a lesson. Investing time in your piano journey is essential, so make sure to pick times that work best for you.
5. Stay Inspired – Along your journey of learning the piano, be sure to stay inspired. Long-term goals can be exciting at first, but after some time, your excitement could lessen. To stay motivated, listen to music you love, talk to friends who are learning or who have learned, and ask your family to support you in your goal. There will be times when you will need an extra push to carry on, so make sure you know where to look for support in advance.
4. Invest In A Good Piano– Lastly, invest in a good piano. Buying a nice piano can become expensive, but it makes all the difference in the world! Without being able to practice correctly, your best efforts could quickly stagnate. For example,e do your research and find the best piano brands, like Yamaha Pianos. Investing in a piano is more likely to commit to learning the piano successfully.
Whether you’ve tried to learn the piano many times before or if it’s your first time, you can do it! We hope you enjoyed reading on how to learn the piano for New Year’s resolution. We hope you enjoyed reading about why so many people choose Yamaha Pianos!
If you’re interested in buying a digital Yamaha piano, we are open! Our hours are Monday-Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm. We are happy to help you in person again, using all the guidelines we have been provided. We are here for you.