There was an old saying in Nashville and it is so true with any type of merchandise! So I like to say, “if you don’t know pianos…know your piano specialists”! Our specialists take pride in knowing our pianos inside and out! This picture is an example of what you might find on various websites or private sellers. The inside may look good, but what do they really know about the inside?
Here are some questions you may want to ask:
1. How old is the piano? (over 50 years)
2. What is the tuning record? Service record?
3. Are the tuning pins rusty? Are the strings original?
4. Are the hammers in line? Are they indented and or worn?
5. Is the tuning block seperating?
6. Does the sounding board have cracks?
These are just some of the questions you should know “how” and “why” to ask. We proudly educated you in your piano search and the buying process. Please give one of our Representatives a call today at 615-771-0020 to schedule your appointment.