A piano you can play any time you want, with the natural touch of an acoustic vertical piano. The new Silent Piano™ from Yamaha, offering enhanced Silent functions and an even richer sound. A
n expansive soundboard and acoustic chamber give the 52″ U3 extended power and projection, with the peerless tonal and expressive control of the legendary Yamaha action. Silent functionality has been added to this U3. This is an SH-type type Silent piano™ featuring a CFX sound source.
Realistic tonal color for faithful reproduction
– CFX Binaural Sampling
– For the first time ever the Silent Piano™ offers sound sampled from the Yamaha CFX full concert grand piano, supporting the beauty of its clear, vivid tones with the power of this renowned instrument.
– Yamaha’s first model with binaural sampling system, enabling reproduction of natural and three-dimensional sound. [ Binaural sampling system ] A recording system in which microphones are installed in the ears of a dummy (see diagram) so that the sound can be reproduced the way it is heard by the player.
– When playing in “Silent” mode, the player feels as though the CFX sounds are coming directly from the piano. – Maximum simultaneous polyphony of 256 notes The maximum simultaneous polyphony on the SH type is 256 notes. With the increase in maximum simultaneous polyphony CFX sampling and piano effects can be utilized more effectively for enhanced precision in sound reproduction.
– Large capacity (256MB) of wave memory This increase in memory capacity enables the SH type to reproduce even the subtle difference in nuances brought by key touch and thus significantly increases the expressivity of performance.
-Four types of piano effects for reproducing sounds that are characteristic of acoustic performance – String resonance: Reproduces the expressive tonal colors that are created as strings hit by hammers resonate with other strings.
– Key-off sampling: Reproduces the subtle changes of sound that occur when the damper touches the strings.
– Sustain sampling: Records the rich sounds that are generated as the player depresses a pedal during performance.
– Damper resonance: Reproduces the deep and expansive resonance that is generated when the player depresses a pedal. Subtle changes in nuance that occur during the performance can be reproduced faithfully. Exclusive functions and superb operability of the SH type
– Metronome The SH type has a built-in metronome that can be used in “Silent” mode so that players can listen to precise rhythm through headphones while they play.
– 19 tonal colors 19 voices, including harpsichord, pipe organ, strings, celesta and jazz organ provide a wide range of musical expression.
– Two recording systems (Built-in recorder and USB audio recorder)
– The performance can be recorded in two different ways. It can be recorded either directly to the built-in recorder of a piano, or to a USB audio recorder, in which case the data stored in USB flash memory in WAV format can be played on a PC as well.
– Using a built-in recorder is more convenient if the players wish to listen to the recorded piece immediately. It allows them to listen to the entire performance of a music piece or to go back and listen to a particular section of the piece.
– Since performances are saved in WAV format with a USB audio recorder, they can be recorded onto CDs or played on portable music players.
– User-friendly control panel Blue-lit control buttons on the front panel are easy to identify and provide superb operability. Open headphones and a variety of connection terminals
– Open structured headphones that can produce clear, high-quality sound
– The headphones that come exclusively with SH type pianos are designed in a way that minimizes the strain on users after long hours of playing.
– These newly employed headphones contribute to the improvement of sound quality as well as to the reduction of fatigue during performance.
– Equipped with AUX and MIDI terminal
s – AUX and MIDI terminals allow the sound to be output to a variety of external devices (e.g. stereo components, IC recorders, speakers with built-in amplifiers, stereo systems).
– Connecting SH type pianos to external devices such as sound source modules and music players (CD players etc.) via AUX IN terminals allows players to listen to the sound from these external devices on the headphones while they play the piano.
– Connecting MIDI devices such as synthesizers to SH type pianos via MIDI OUTPUT terminals allows players to transmit performance information to external devices for playback.
– Connecting music sequencers to SH type pianos via MIDI IN terminals allows the players to receive and play back the performance information provided by the sequencers using the sound source of SH type pianos.
- Width: 153cm (60 1/4″)
- Height: 131cm (51 1/2″)
- Depth: 65cm (25 1/2″)
- Weight: 250kg (551lb)
Yamaha U3 SH Features:
- 88 acrylic and phenolic resin keys made by Yamaha
- U Series Special hammer
- Damper / Muffler / Soft
- V-pro frame
- 5 – back post
- Double Iron Caster
- Lid/Fallboard Locks
- Soft-Close Fallboard
- 53 preset songs (50 Greats for the Piano + 3 piano demo)
- MIDI Recording/Playback
- WAV USB Audio Recorder
- Standard stereo headphone jack x 2
- MIDI IN/OUT
- AUX IN/OUT Mini Stereo Jack
- Speaker output phone jack x 2
- USB to Device
- 17W (DC12V) power use
- Auto Power Off
- Includes: AC adapter, Headphones, Headphones holder, Owner’s manual, Music book “50 greats for the Piano”
Silent Piano Functions:
- Key sensor: Noncontact continuous detection optical sensor
- Pedal sensor: Damper pedal: continuous detection sensor Soft pedal: ON/OFF detection sensor
- Mechanism: Hammer shank stopper operated by center pedal
- Action: Quick Escape mechanism
- AWM Stereo Sampling
- CFX Binaural Sampling Key-off Samples, String Resonance, Sustain Samples, Damper Resonance effects
- 256 – Polyphony
- 19 (dual 3) voices
- 480 XG Voices + 12 Drum / SFX kits playback voice selection
- 256MB wave memory
- Room / Hall 1 / Hall 2 / Stage Reverb
- 8Hz to 468.8Hz pitch control
Polished Ebony, American Walnut, Polished Mahogany, Polished White