This Disklavier™ E3 model is the flagship of the CF series. The CFX Concert Grand Piano represents the pinnacle of Yamaha's tradition of piano crafting. Beautifully made and with an exquisite tone across the entire dynamic range, the CFX has the power to project its sound to the furthest reaches of any concert hall. This piano also incorporates a highly accurate record-capable reproducing player system for entertainment and educational uses.
The DCFXE3 Disklavier PRO will set the standard for Remote Lesson, a visionary Internet-based application that allows teachers and students, or co-performers, to collaborate in real-time across any geographic distance. The DCFX can also synchronize a video recording of any performance with an absolutely precise reproduction by the piano for significant teaching and entertainment applications. And, of course, the DCFX will become the centerpiece of any concert stage.
Relax to the sounds of the world’s greatest music
1) Start listening the same day it arrives in your home.
There is no special software to install, and you don’t need to purchase any music. Special music CDs come included with every E3. You can literally start listening as soon as the E3 is delivered to your home. With over 200 songs prepared for you by Yamaha, all you have to do is sit back and let the E3 turn your living room into a concert hall.
2) Hear subtle sounds with crystal clarity.
The volume on the E3 can be adjusted to meet your particular needs and ensure that your entertainment never disturbs. With the volume set at its lowest levels, the E3 can play whisper-soft sounds while retaining all of the clarity you expect from a Yamaha acoustic piano.
3) The convenience of DisklavierRadio.
With the E3’s Internet Direct Connection (IDC), you can listen to DisklavierRadio by “streaming,” receiving radio-type broadcasts from the Internet. DisklavierRadio offers uninterrupted streams of music on over 25 different channels full of tunes to match your mood.
Preserve your musical memories
1) Easy recording and ample storage space.
The E3 also comes with enough built-in digital storage to hold literally hundreds of hours of music and still have room to spare. So feel free to record whatever and whenever you want, all with just the touch of a button.
2) Listen to music directly from USB memory.
Listening to your favorite music is as easy as plugging a USB memory stick into one of the E3’s USB ports. Transfer music from anywhere and listen to it on your E3, or replay your own performances for friends and family.
3) CD synchronized recording.
The E3 allows you to effortlessly record yourself playing along with commercial CDs of your favorite artists, bands, and symphony orchestras. Your entire performance, including all key presses, pedal movements, and dynamics, will be recorded as MIDI data and stored in the E3’s internal memory. Then, your recorded piano performance will play back in perfect time with the music from your audio CD.
Controlling Disklavier™ with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
With the latest firmware update for Disklavier™ Mark IV and E3 it is possible to control a Disklavier™ remotely using an iPhone, iPod touch or an iPad.
To enable this convenient function and begin using these devices to choose music, record and connect to DisklavierRadio, you must ensure that the instrument has the latest firmware installed.
For Mark IV models you need version 4.0 or later, and for E3 models version 3.0 or later. To update the Disklavier™ please consult your user manual on how to use the network update function. Alternatively, download the latest update from the download section.
You can control basic Disklavier™ functions including: Media Select, Start / Stop, Tempo / Transpose, New Recording, Connect to DisklavierRadio, Volume Control and more.
- Width: 160 cm (63″)
- Height: 103 cm (40.5″)
- Depth: 275 cm (9′)
- Weight: 530kg (1168 lbs)
- Ivorite and WPC sharp colored keys
- Damper/Sostenuto/Shift pedal type
- Non-contact optical fiber/grayscale shutter sensing system hammer sensors
- Non-contact optical fiber/grayscale shutter sensing system for 88 keys (senses the key position, keying velocity, and key releasing velocity) key sensors
- Damper and shift pedal sensors: non-contact optical position-sensing
- Sostenuto pedal sensor: optical ON/OFF detection sensing system
- DSP servo drive system (servocontrolled solenoids)
- CX Series special hammer
- Double Caster
- V-pro frame
- Prop safety stop
- Lid/fallboard locks
- Soft-close fallboard
- Motor-driven hammer shank stopper piano silencing mechanism
- Tone generating technology: Advanced Wave Memory 2 (AWM2)
- 32 Max. polyphony
- Tuning set at A=440, tunable +/- 50 cents in 1-cent increment
Storage and Connectivity:
- Requires Local AC current, 100~240V, 50/60 Hz
- 128 MB internal memory
- Audio CD (ISO 9600-compliant), data CD (ISO 9600-level 1-compiant)
- Yamaha does not assure the operation of the commercially available USB flash memories
- FAT32 format (Yamaha does not assure the operation of the commercially available USB hard disks)
- Yamaha UD-FD01 floppy drive (Yamaha does not assure the operation of other commercially available USB floppy drives)