CF Series Grands
Yamaha CF Series grand pianos are instruments of rare perfection, handcrafted from the very finest materials to the highest professional standards in the Yamaha concert grand workshop. Incorporating a host of recent advances, today's redesigned S series grands are more impressive than ever, offering concert-quality features and performance for the most demanding pianists.
- Refinements in the specifications of copper-wound strings generate purer, more perfectly pitched and harmonious bass tones.
- Select bridge materials deliver warm, rich tones and extended resonance.
- Heavy-duty double casters offer improved mobility.
- Aesthetic refinements to legs, music desk and lyre, and beautiful plate and inner rim surface finishes, provide a distinctively elegant appearance.
- A lit prop safety stop guards against insecure prop positioning.
The CF6 sounds almost like a full length concert grand with its rich open sound, and its action is quick and responsive. This piano is characterized by a wide spectrum of tonal colors and being able to create the most expressive phrases.
Celebrating a distinguished century of grand piano making
Unparalleled in their beauty and musical range, grand pianos are the ultimate expression of the piano maker’s art. The year 2002 representing our grand piano centennial year, Yamaha is proud to present a comprehensive line of incomparable grands, reflecting the very latest in Yamaha acoustic and technological advances. Embodying over 100 years of accumulated expertise, these instruments epitomize the quality, performance and value for which Yamaha has long been renowned, as we enter the second century of Yamaha grand pianos.
- Hand-crafted in the Yamaha Concert Grand Factory
- New design concert scale
- Solid European spruce soundboard and ribs
- Special crown making
- Complete tone collector system
- Dovetail joints
- Treble resonator
- Vertically laminated treble bridge with boxwood cap
- Duplex scaling
- Open pinblock
- Hand-made solid copper wound bass strings
- Roslau treble wire
- Aluminum alloy action rails
- Yamaha balanced action
- Spruce keys with hardwood buttons
- Ivorite™ keytops with WPC sharps
- Premium Yamaha designed hammers with T-fasteners
- Specially designed hammer shanks
- Reinforced keyframe pin with adjustable guide
- Hardwood reinforced keyframe
- Patented Humid-A-Seal pinblock™
- Cut thread tuning pins
- Polyester finish
- Resin sheet foundation
- Soft-Close™ fallboard
- Lid prop stopper
- Locking fallboard and top
- Heavy duty double wheeled solid brass casters (New Style)
- Vacuum Shield Mold Process plate
- Seasoned for destination